Friday, May 04, 2007

An open letter to all the music.blog.lovers.

Dearest music.blog.lover!

Once upon a time (how all the stories seems to start), back in the summer of 2006, I was thinking really intensive to get started initiating a website or something similar. The only problem was, how to get into such a thing without knowing anything about it and not willing to learn more that absolutely necessary. Of course I knew about other possibilities to get an apprearance in the web, like a forum or a weblog. I decided to start a forum, but it wasn't too successful (maybe I tell you more about that later), in fact it's comatose. A few weeks later I began to search about the secrets of weblogs. The most blogs I found were boring to me, filled with too much blah blah blah. Other ones had some pictures in it, which I found partly interesting, but I'm not a visual but an acoustical pal. Now my initiative began to fall asleep. But suddenly (it became winter now) I found the platform "blogspot", and I logged me in not knowing, what to do with it in the future. I only was suprised about the smart handling of the site, and that was good for me. Then I went to winter holidays, and when I was back, it was going "in one fell swoop". I found a few music.blogs and I knew, this would be my favourite web appearance in the near future. Next question was, how should I structure it? In February 2007 I was lucky enough to find the music.blog of DreamTime, which gaves me a huge advice to make my blog similar to his (thanks for that!). Lucky me, I was mixing music back since 1991 (on tapes) and 2001 (on CD), so I had some material up my sleeve, and I could get started. At the beginning I wasn't sure to get well known in a year, so I'm lucky enough about that, what's happening these days. I'm very happy to get so much respond, because it's inspiring me to make more and more (hopefully quality) mixes.

At last, let me say thank you to all the music.blog.lovers outside, and keep faith with me!

cheers,


|cv|

6 comments:

Albo said...

Hey Floyd,

I love the mixes you do. Keep them coming!

Floyd Anderson / chronovisor said...

Thanks, it's going on and on...

cheers,


|cv|

Sean Wolcott / Izabelle said...

Thanks, hello from Seattle and please keep going!

Floyd Anderson / chronovisor said...

All the best to you in far, far Seattle!

cheers,


|cv|

Cygnet Committee said...

Hey Floyd! Wow you have been busy lately - there are lots I'm downloading from you right now. Will give it a listen soon. Google's Blogspot is great, I agree. (Much better than all the other stuff out there. I don't go near the msn "myspace" places. They look so busy, I get tired just looking at them.)
Do you use Google Analytics too? Great for tracking user activity and general reporting on your website, and best of all it's free and it always works.
Ciao
Cygnet

Floyd Anderson / chronovisor said...

Hi Sister Cygnet!

Much appreciate you have a look at my blog! Felt a 'massive creative power' the last few weeks, but now I'll rest for about a month, being back then with fresh energy!

cheers,

|cv|